Public Meeting – open to all
7.45pm, West Kilbride Village Hall, Arthur Street, West Kilbride
The line up for CONCH’s public meeting is nearing completion. There will be short contributions from local residents/CONCH members, followed by a panel discussion which will take more of the form of a question and answer session than formal speeches.
The panel of experts is now expected to be
- representative from CONCH
- Aedan Smith (Head of Planning and Development, RSPB Scotland)
- Ben Murray (author of Power of Scotland Renewed report and talking on why there isn’t an energy gap)
- representative from Coal Action Scotland (talking on health impacts of coal based on a recent health study carried out in Douglas)
- Dr Mandy Meikle (member of Depletion Scotland talking on peak oil and energy issues)
CONCH had invited Ayrshire Power to join the panel and have an information stall, but they have not accepted the invitation, saying, “we do not believe that large public gatherings offer a suitable forum for a balanced discussion, nor do we believe they will enable true engagement with members of CONCH or of the wider community. We therefore thank you for the offer but politely decline your invitation.”
There will also be information stalls at the meeting from CONCH, RSPB, Friends of the Earth, World Development Movement, Heal the Earth Ayrshire, Coal Action Scotland and Scottish Wildlife Trust.