Videos – watch them all here
Implementing Safer Spaces – Ideas for how to put words into action
Targets Brochure – your guide to dismantling the coal industry in Scotland
Coal Health Study – Douglasdale edition of evidence linking open cast coal mining and ill health
Digger Diving for Beginners (or how to stop work on an opencast coal mine)
Flyers and Publicity
- All-purpose Coal Action Edinburgh flyer
- Mainshill Solidarity Camp flyer
Online Direct Action Resources:
- Action Stations! Planning Direct Action – http://www.eco-action.org/dod/no9/actionstations.htm
- Delia Smith’s Basic Blockading – http://www.geneticsaction.org.uk/resources/delia.pdf
- Direct Action – A Handbook- http://www.networkforclimateaction.org.uk/toolkit/action_resources/direct_action_a_handbook.pdf-
- DirectActionforDummies – http://www.networkforclimateaction.org.uk/toolkit/action_resources/ideas_for_action/direct_action_for_dummies.pdf
- Seeds for Change – www.seedsforchange.org.uk/free/res
- Road Raging Anti roads protest guide (but applicable to many other types of action) – www.ecoaction.org/rr/
- www.peacenews.info/tools – includes dealing with fences and organising mass actions
- Street Acts – www.streetacts.org have resources and ideas for street theatre, clowning and creative campaigning.
- The UHC-collective’s NVDA Toolbox is another all round guide. http://www.uhc.org.uk/webpages/toolbox/index.htm
- Schnews DIY Guides – lots of useful How-Tos on all sort of things, from naughty to nice http://www.schnews.org.uk/diyguide/
Coal and Health
- CPRE Planning Guide – The Campaign to Protect Rural England has an excellent guide on the planning system, including practical ways to influence planning decisions and a wealth of information on all things planning. They also have a very useful intro into what their members have been doing to stop opencast mines (PDF).
- Planning & Climate Change – from the excellent Home and Communities Academy, this site explains the significance of the new Climate Change ‘Planning Policy Statement’ (PPS), which sets out how regional and local planning should contribute to reducing emissions and stabilising climate change.
Climate Change and Coal
- The Case Against Coal – Greenpeace deal with some common questions on the subject
- James Hansen’s letter to Gordon Brown – contains an excellent overview of the role coal has played (and is playing) in driving global climate change.